Disclaimer

All Blogposts contain only personal views and are published in an entirely personal capacity. However, I do not accept any legal responsibility for the content of any comment unless I have refused to delete the comment following a valid complaint. Any complaint must set out the grounds for the deletion of the comment. I also reserve the right to delete comments that - in my opinion, are offensive or make unsubstatiated accusations against persons or groups. Like the BBC, this Blog is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. (with thanks to Valleys Mam's blog where I nicked most of this from).


www.savepenrhos.co.uk



24 Apr 2011

Iraq - Is there No End To This?

An interesting article appeared in this morning's Independent authored by the esteemed Lord Carlile.


The killing goes on. The duplicity goes on and the 'playing of games' goes on.


I have many former comrades from my time in the Infantry  - both Officers and Rank & File, who fought over there.  Some were injured, a few died.   I have friends over there still as the dreaded 'contractors' - basically hired guns working for western corporations.     None of them think that it was worth all the blood and  effort (although the 'contractors' seperate morality from wallet and make a fair few bob- US$350 a day, tax free ).  I even have some who work for oil companies on the derricks in the Kurdish areas - they can tell some stories regarding the Kurds attitues towards the pro-western Baghdad regime.


I took part in the big march in London and it shames me that this is still going on and was done in 'our name'.


I just wonder how long it will be before puppet-regimes are set-up in Syria, Iran and Libya to match the corrupt Iraqi government and the totally inept gangster-regime of Karzai in Afghanistan.


10 comments:

Photon said...

Food for thought indeed, especially for a first post! I just picked up a copy of a book about Blair's period in power from the library; he left quite a worrying legacy, all told.

The Red Flag said...

as a reward for being the first comment you can be at #1 in my decent blogs list

Paul Williams said...

Welcome to the Ynys Môn blogosphere, Red Flag – and after enjoying your comments for a long while I'm looking forward to reading more here...

snowflake5 said...

Sorry to go off topic - but have just added your excellent blog to my blogroll.

Re Iraq - I don't know what the answer is. I think things will only stabalize when foreign intervention stops - not just ours, but that of the Iranians and the Saudis.

Robert said...

Yes I can seen an end to Iraq, once the Oil is drained to America and they cannot find anymore, this will end up like most other countries without Oil left alone to kill mutilate and murder, it's nothing to do with us.

I'm sure Blair is sitting somewhere thinking god if I was still in power to day think of all the help I could have been to Obama, all the money I would have made, like I did with Bush, not to bright our Blair. Bright enough to make millions out of war.

See Peter Hain on TV the other day saying we need wars and sales people from the arms industry to sell weapons to countries, to keep employment in the UK, so does it matter if people kill each other Mr Hain, yes of course it does? came the reply, but imagine those 10,000 people not having jobs.

My best mate Peter Hain

My mate has just lost his welfare benefits being deemed fit to work, after fighting in the first battles in Kuwait. If he is fit god help me then....

The Red Flag said...

Robert - I see you have two blogs connected to you. Are they both 'live' or if not, which one is/will be?

Robert said...

One was about getting a job sadly last year I was informed I had skin cancer, so for a while now it's been about getting treatment, the other is my photographs when I get around to sorting them out.

Prometheuswrites said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Red Flag.

I look forward to commenting on your blog.

The Red Flag said...

Thanks Prom. I've added you to my menu. Hopefully you'll reciprocate?

Prometheuswrites said...

Of Course